Front Office Representative
Location: Sun City West
Posted on: March 17, 2020
The CORE Institute team is dedicated to making the lives of
others better by practicing exceptional patient care. If you would
like to be part of a dedicated, dynamic healthcare team in a
challenging, rewarding environment, The CORE Institute is the right
place for you to grow your career. The CORE Institute delivers
integrated, comprehensive musculoskeletal and neurological care.
The CORE Institute is built upon a foundation of pioneering
research, academics, community service, and a passion for
excellence in patient care. The organization continues to be a
leader in payor-reform initiatives, and it is at the forefront of
systems-based quality programs which drive value and improve the
quality of patient care. As The CORE Institute continues to grow,
we are looking for a Front Office Representative in our Sun City
West Spine clinic. Please see below for the functions and
requirements to be a Front Office Representative with The CORE
Institute. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Promptly greets and acknowledges patients. Informs MAs and
Providers of patients arrival through CPS, using Appointment
- Instructs patients in completion of medical history and patient
information forms, and makes any necessary corrections to the
- Obtains accurate, complete demographic and insurance
information and financial contract / consent on patient paperwork,
as well as reviewing patients and guarantors to obtain accurate
information assuring all necessary documents are populated and
signed correctly. Also, making sure all required Authorizations and
or referrals are attached to the appointment for that DOS.
- Responsible for identifying and collecting co-payments,
co-insurances and past due account balances.
- Explains financial requirements to the patient in response to
patient questions on billing and insurance matters; refers
questions regarding more complex insurance/benefits questions to
Site Billing Specialist.
- Evaluates patient financial status and establishes payment
plans based upon authority levels.
- Responsible for accurately completing and interpreting
insurance verification and benefits. Notifies patients, family
members, physicians and/or supervisors of network insurance
coverage issues that may result in coverage reduction.
- Scans all new patient or updated patient information into
computer (including: photo ID, insurance cards, referrals, and
- Schedules follow up appointments, reviews patient's insurance
coverage and notifies patient if service requires an authorization
or referral and send request to PCP via CPS.
- Maintains general knowledge of insurance plans accepted by The
- Communicates with the patients in the lobby if the physician or
provider is running behind schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining a secure and accurate cash drawer.
Responsible for daily balancing of cash drawer and closing
- Maintains strictest patient confidentiality.
- Maintains a clean and organized front office workspace.
- Follows established Front Office SOPs.The job holder must
demonstrate current competencies for job position including a
general understanding of insurance requirements. EDUCATION: High
school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge
- Successful candidate must have a minimum of one year of patient
registration experience in a medical office or healthcare
- Requires knowledge of insurance rules and regulations, medical
terminology, and computer scheduling systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians,
patients, and the public and be capable of establishing good
working relationships with both internal and external
- Previous experience in collecting money is preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance rules and regulations including
eligibility and referral requirements. Able to verify eligibility
of each payer, per patient according to defined parameters.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA Guidelines.
- Computer knowledge, including Windows based programs.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred. SKILLS:
- Skill in customer service and an understanding of The CORE code
of conduct and culture.
- Skill in communicating effectively with physicians, clinical
staff and the public.
- Skill in establishing good working relationships with both
internal and external customers. ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with upset and frustrated patients while
consistently providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate empathy, concern, good listening skills, and
compassion for all patients. ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office environment. Some travel between various clinic
locations. PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting and standing
associated with a normal office environment. Some bending and
stretching required. Manual dexterity using a calculator and
computer keyboard. ORGANIZATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- HOPCo Mission, Vision, and Values must be read and signed.
- OSHA Requirements and training to include: *Safety Training.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Keywords: HOPCo, Sun City West , Front Office Representative, Administration, Clerical , Sun City West, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!