Customer Engineer IV - (C4)
Company: APPLIED MATERIALS
Location: Sun City West
Posted on: June 17, 2022
- Performs startups through Tier III including process
qualifications with assistance. -Understands all qualifications
performed on tool and verifies operational quality (process
qualification) of systems equipment including ability to use
customer's metrology equipment. -Plans for and completes all levels
of preventative and corrective maintenance within timelines.
-Troubleshoots key technical issues at the component level.
-Diagnose and recommends solutions for complex system downs. -Uses
process data to diagnose hardware problems. -Resolves some
sustaining process issues on well characterized tools.
- Troubleshoots key technical issues at the component level.
-Uses routine process data and on site data logging functions to
diagnose system downs. -Diagnoses and resolves hardware and
software issues. - May resolve sustaining process issues with
assistance or on very well characterized tools.
- Performs complex retrofits. -May occasionally organize and lead
- Ensures the correct revs of procedures and schematics. -
Identifies and corrects procedural issues. - Applies global best
practices to solve problems for their customer. - Occasionally
contributes to global best practices. - Creates methodologies and
procedures as necessary. -Participates in patent
processes/discussions and documents IP as appropriate.
- Anticipates and responds to fab issues including communicating
with CE's in other locations. -Drives corrective processes through
key stakeholders (PBG, Customer Spec owners, ECO owners, GPS, etc.)
or escalates as appropriate. - Communicates findings to others and
provides suggestions to improve checklists and procedures.
-Participates in customer meetings and escalations.
- Within assigned scope, assist management in operation of site
service business. -Assists Applied Materials field management in
establishing and achieving objectives for assigned accounts. Keeps
field management informed on customer perception of system
performance. -Takes initiative to avoid and resolve customer
problems. -May occasionally initiate projects to drive down costs
or increase uptime.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced CE's on complex
system problems including sustaining process issues. -Instructs
customers in the operation and maintenance of system.
- Follows all checklists and procedures, including
- Has developed -depth of skills in a range of processes,
procedures and systems, or acts as the technical expert in an
- Uses knowledge of how related teams impact achievement of
- Understands the impact of various actions/decisions on the
account(s). Takes initiative to avoid and resolve customer
- May act as a team lead, may allocate work to more junior team
member; provides subject matter guidance to more junior team
- Gathers and analyzes data to identify and solve problems that
arise with little or no precedentImpact
- Impacts own team and other teams whose work activities are
closely related; suggests improvements to existing processes and
solutions to improve the efficiency of the teamInterpersonal Skills
- Evaluates and communicates technical content in a clear
DegreeSkillsCertifications:Languages:Years of Experience:7 - 10
YearsWork Experience:Additional InformationTravel:Yes, 20% of the
TimeRelocation Eligible:YesApplied Materials is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship,
ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other
basis prohibited by law. -
Keywords: APPLIED MATERIALS, Sun City West , Customer Engineer IV - (C4), Engineering , Sun City West, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!