Director, Process Engineering -Control Strengthening (Remote Optional)
Location: Sun City West
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Purpose of JobAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.We are seeking an
experienced Director, Process Engineering (Control Strengthening)
for either our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL,
Colorado Springs, CO or Charlotte, NC facility. Occasional travel
will be required to USAA facility for training and/or
meetings.Responsible for consistently performing business Process
Management (BPM) strategy within a Company or Staff Agency CoSA /
organization or across the Enterprise. Leads a team of performance
improvement guides in fact-based planning and execution of a
portfolio of operational improvement projects that sustainably
improve member and employee experiences and business deliverables.
Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and ensures risks associated with business
activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and
controlled. Follows written risk and compliance policies and
procedures for business activities. Direct reports must include
Process Engineers (and may include other subject areas).Job
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Acts in an advisory capacity on Process Excellence including
development of relevant business objectives, metrics, and
- Communicates opportunities that enable business units to thrive
and achieve USAA mission and vision.
- Identifies and prioritizes impactful process / project
selection with Business Process Management (BPM) Leaders and
- Ensures the adoption of relevant Process Excellence standards
and best practices as appropriate.
- Serves as a mentor, trainer, coach, and technical leader in
support of Process Excellence using operational improvement
methodologies; serves as an experienced resource on Business
Process Management (BPM) methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Builds relationships within business unit and across the
enterprise to enable cooperative achievement of common goals while
driving improved process maturity.
- Develops a team of Operational Improvement professionals and
may lead Process Improvement projects to deliver significant,
measurable business results.
- Works to optimize the performance of managed resources relative
to the objectives by directing work assignments and providing
guidance and training.
- Builds and leads all aspects of a team of employees for
assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting,
development, retention, coaching and support, performance
management, and managerial activities.When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; OR 4 years of related
experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.Minimum Experience:
- 8 years of experience practicing and/or leading resources to
enhance business performance by designing and implementing business
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Experience demonstrating strong development
skills/responsibilities, ability to influence, analysis, and
critical thinking skills.
- Green Belt certification (one which required successful
implementation of a process related project that solved a business
problem/improved business performance; OR demonstrated completion
of 3 Lean/Six Sigma projects.Preferred Experience:
- Experience leading large-scale programs/enterprise
- Strong understanding of optimizing process activities and
- Solid understanding of automation, technical solutions to
- Proven leadership and experience in a matrix environment.
- Experience identifying and implementing process improvement or
continuous improvement strategies to manage risk efficiently, and
effectively.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has
an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $135,200-$243,500.Employees may
be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Sun City West , Director, Process Engineering -Control Strengthening (Remote Optional), Executive , Sun City West, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!