HR Manager/ Payroll Representative
Company: Sun West Choice
Location: Sun City West
Posted on: November 19, 2022
To assist in the day-to-day functions of the facility in
accordance with current acceptable human resources principles
relating to the long-term care operation in accordance with current
federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations
that govern our facility, and as may be directed by the
Administrator, to ensure that the highest degree of quality is
maintained at all times. As the HR/Payroll Representative, you are
delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and
accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. The
position may be classified as salaried exempt and is justified by a
program requiring at least 50% of time dedicated to the management
of the department and personnel.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Every effort has been
made to identify the essential functions of this position. However,
it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you
will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of
duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
* All duties and responsibilities shall be performed as set forth
in our established policies and procedures.
* Adheres to and assures compliance with Code of Conduct, facility
policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations and
standards as promulgated by Federal, State, and accrediting
agencies or regulating bodies. This includes, but is not limited
to, Department of Health, Centers of Medicare and Medicaid
Services, and other applicable regulatory agencies.
* Assures that all staff complete required compliance training and
processes --- Responsible for the day-to-day functions of the HR
office and maintenance of employee records.
* Conducts pre-employment and background screening
* Coordinate facility employee recruitment and on-boarding
* Coordinates Leave of Absence requests and processing
* Ensures new hire paperwork is completed including the I-9 form,
verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
* Ensures that new employees are properly oriented and trained.
* Provides written and oral reports/recommendations to the
Administrator concerning Human Resource matters within the
* Prepares for and participates in facility surveys (inspections)
made by authorized government agencies.
* Resolves complaints and grievances made by facility
* Ensures that department employment actions are administered
fairly and in compliance with the facility's Policy Against
Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation.
* Develops, plans and conducts in-service training classes.
* Maintain confidentiality of all personnel information and
records, both current and archived.
* Works directly with Staffing Coordinator and Staff Development to
maintain compliance with all facility and regulatory employee
competency and education requirements
* Ensure AAP and EEO compliance, if appropriate
* Maintain and update human resource records, forms, and policies
per federal and state regulations
* Maintain HRIS data entry of all personnel changes and reports.
Ensure all licenses, certificates and other credentials, as well as
TB screens are kept up-to-date.
* Perform duties relative to the facility's overall payroll
function. Process payroll twice monthly, including ensuring
terminated employee final paychecks are provided to employee in
accordance with state law.
* Assist employees in obtaining information concerning their
payroll check, deductions, overtime, etc., as necessary.
* Coordinates the employee performance review process.
* Respond promptly to unemployment and worker compensation
* Champion the annual satisfaction survey for employees and
* Performs other duties as may be needed or assigned
*QUALIFICATIONS: *To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
*Education and/or Experience*:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree or
* Must have, as a minimum, one year of Human Resources experience
preferably in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related
health care facility.
*Certificates and Licenses*:
* Preference for PHR or SHRM-CP certified
*Other Specific Requirements*
* Must provide evidence of being free of tuberculosis infection
upon hire and as set forth by the policies of the facility.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm,
as well as the willingness to handle difficult situations.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
* Must be knowledgeable of procedures, as well as laws,
regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
* Must possess leadership and supervisory skills and the
willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest,
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
* Keep informed as to changes in employment laws and
*WORK ENVIRONMENT: *
* Works in administrative offices with frequent need to be in all
area(s) of the facility (i.e. nurse's stations, resident rooms,
* Moves intermittently during working hours.
* Is subject to frequent interruptions.
* Interacts with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and
* Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
members, personnel, and visitors.
* Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other
* Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays
* Is subject to call-back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe
weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
* May be subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors,
etc., as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco
smoke, and other air contaminants.
* May be subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B
* May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Sun City West, AZ 85375: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
* Professional In Human Resources (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Sun West Choice, Sun City West , HR Manager/ Payroll Representative, Executive , Sun City West, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!