Surgical Scrub Tech PRN OASIS Hospital
Location: Sun City West
Posted on: June 17, 2022
O.A.S.I.S Hospital is seeking a Surgical Scrub Technician PRN
-Expectation of PRN availability is 4 shifts a month and available
on-call 2 shifts a month. -The Orthopedic And Spine Inpatient
Surgical (O.A.S.I.S) Hospital is a specialty inpatient hospital
which was established to set a new standard for excellence and
patient satisfaction in the delivery of orthopedic and spinal
surgery. OASIS Hospital provides excellent patient services and the
highest level of care, with the overall goal of improving the
delivery of healthcare in Maricopa County and beyond.Our singular
focus is the state-of-the-art care of musculoskeletal conditions
including joint replacement, spine surgery and other reconstructive
procedures. Our mission is to provide first-class surgical services
for the community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment;
one in which we would be happy to treat our own families. -
Under the supervision of the OR Charge Nurse, the Surgical Tech
- Be responsible for providing surgical scrub on all types of
minor and major surgical procedures dependent on individual
- Ensure sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Assist circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
- Assist circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle,
and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the
- Gown and glove surgeons and assistants.
- Assist in keeping physician preference cards
- Retain all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transport all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas.
Assist in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
instrument sets. -
- Interact appropriately and effectively with all patients/others
regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Use Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assist with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness
- Follow all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serve as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attend in-services, conferences, and meetings as required.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintain patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
- Maintain designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
- On-call is required.
- Act in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center.
- Comply with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
- Support new hires and existing staff through precepting and/or
orienting new hires and existing staff.
- Adhere to the OASIS Commitment Statement and Expected Behaviors
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous clinical experience in Operating Room environment
- Certification in OR Technology preferred.
- Current certification in CPR. -USPI complies with federal,
state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its
workforce. - If you are offered this position and must be
vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show
proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or
medical exemption prior to your start date. - If you receive an
exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to
submit to regular testing in accordance with the law. -Employment
practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or
employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any
other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, Sun City West , Surgical Scrub Tech PRN OASIS Hospital, Healthcare , Sun City West, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!