Housekeeping EVS Associate
Company: Banner Health
Location: Sun City West
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Sun City West, Arizona
Facilities, Environmental Services, and Culinary
**_$1000 Sign-on Bonus!*_**
**_*If selected, the recruiter will provide eligibility criteria for the sign-on bonus_**
You have a place in the health care industry. Theres more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If youre looking to leverage your abilities you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Banner Del Webb Medical Center, has a great opportunity for a Housekeeping EVS Associate. We are looking for hard working individuals who will be responsible for ensuring our facilities appearance is top notch. In this role, youll be responsible for cleaning, sanitizing, and maintaining the hospital. Our housekeepers are a very important part of our hospital staff. If you want to be part of a great team that makes a difference in the lives of our patients, apply today for this opportunity. Experience in either a hospital setting, or institutional environment is not required.
Working in Housekeeping , the environment can be very fast paced and very physical. This would involve a lot of walking and pushing a cleaning cart. You may be assigned to clean the morgue and/or specialty areas such as a COVID 19 Unit. You will be working with cleaning chemicals to clean up blood and or bodily fluids. You must be prepared for new challenges, have great communication with your team and medical staff. If offered the position, we do conduct a background check and drug screen. This position is very important at Banner Health, you must complete your onboarding in a timely manner or job offer will be rescinded. Also, it is required for all Banner Health employees to have the COVID19 and Flu vaccine. Questions regarding the exemption process, please ask the recruiter.
**Fulltime - 40 Hours/Week**
**Weekends rotations and Holidays are Required**
**Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.**
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
This position performs all cleaning of patient rooms and/or assigned areas. Works as a member of the environmental service team to ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others.
1. Performs a variety of assigned cleaning tasks, including dusting, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming and polishing according to departmental policy and procedures. Must plan the completion of these tasks daily.
2. Empties hampers and transports of soiled linen. Empties trash containers and removes all trash. Empties all medical waste containers, including sharps.
3. Inventories, restocks and replenish supplies such as toilet tissue, paper towels, hand soap, etcetera, located in all assigned areas of the facility.
4. Maintains cleanliness of departmental equipment and notifies appropriate personnel as repairs become necessary. Protects equipment from damage by proper use; properly logs out and in equipment that has been used.
5. May perform special projects such as: windows washing, wall washing, removing heavily soiled items or furnishings.
6. Responds to questions and requests from patients, staff and visitors. Meets or exceeds goals for customer service satisfaction.
7. Under regular supervision, this position has responsibility at an assigned facility/area only. Internal customers include facility staff, physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, supervisors, managers, and executives. External customers include visitors, patients, and employees from other company and non-company facilities.
Requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team without continuous supervision. Must be able to interpret and respond to verbal and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively with others by phone and verbally. Must be able to read and understand material safety data sheets and instructions for mixing and use of cleaning chemicals, and able to fill out chemical identification stickers. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Banner Health supports a drug-free work environment.
Banner Health complies with applicable federal and state laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability
Keywords: Banner Health, Sun City West , Housekeeping EVS Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Sun City West, Arizona
here to apply!