Clinical Lab Assistant - Technical Logistics
Company: Sonora Quest
Location: Sun City West
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Primary City/State: Phoenix, Arizona Department Name: Technical
Logistics-Ref Lab Work Shift: Night Job Category: Lab Night Shift
11:30 PM - 7:30 AM 15 % shift differential! This is an entry-level
position and a very busy one! If you have experience working in a
retail or hospitality service environment and have always had
interest in working in a laboratory, join our team and grow your
career! So, what does a Technical Logistics Clinical Lab Assistant
do? - Run multiple instrumentation simultaneously - multi
- Handle special requests, utilizing multiple computer
- Delivers specimens to the technical floor in a timely manner.
- Complies with all safety rules, and follows defined safety
- Prepare specimens (blood and/or urine) by pouring into separate
vials for testing purposes. Who you are: - Detail oriented and
comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Able to handle physical activity including standing for the
majority of your shift.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Comfortable with set structure and following procedures.
- Likes a challenge.
- A team player who is aware that your work is critical in helping
medical providers and hospitals provide excellent patient care. Who
you are not: - Someone who is grossed out by blood, urine, body
parts, or working with anything the human body can produce.
- Overwhelmed by a fast-paced environment.
- Unfamiliar navigating through different screens on the computer
or working with Windows based programs.
- Prefers to sit down and complete assignments at their own
- Uncomfortable with set schedules for work hours, breaks, and
- Has issues with attendance including calling out or being tardy.
Note: If you have a BS degree in a Chemical or Biological Science
and are interested in this position, please note that we ask for a
12 month commitment in this entry-level position before you are
eligible to transfer into a different area of the laboratory.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is entry level and is responsible
for the receipt of biological specimens into the department,
preparation of samples for analytical testing, and performing
testing. This position reports to department supervisor, and takes
direction from higher level technical personnel. CORE FUNCTIONS 1.
Performs basic technical processes as assigned, based on specific
department requirements. Performs testing under direct supervision
in a timely manner according to established policies, meeting
performance standards and knowledge level determined for that
testing. Processes and prepares patient samples as required.
Demonstrates an understanding of the computer systems used in the
department. Tracks and locates missing specimens. Generates work
lists, as required. Performs basic maintenance checks on laboratory
equipment. Demonstrates awareness and complies with accrediting
agency and regulatory requirements related to their area of
responsibility. 2. Focuses on quality by ensuring that all work
performed is accurate, complete and performed within the time
frames defined by the department. Meets department standards for
productivity and quality. Participates in detecting and documenting
occurrences that deviate from defined procedures. Follows
established methods and practices and demonstrates basic problem
solving skills. 3. Participates in departmental financial
responsibilities through the appropriate use of supplies and
materials and assists with inventory management. Participates in
department initiatives to reduce costs and improve service. 4.
Performs miscellaneous support duties as defined by the department.
Active in training and competency of laboratory personnel. 5.
Communicates courteously, professionally, effectively and
accurately with internal and external customers. Demonstrates
skills for basic computer inquiry and problem solving, and use of
communication equipment. Demonstrates good verbal and written
communication skills. Promotes positive communications that enhance
teamwork. Attendance and participation at staff meetings. MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Previous
clinical laboratory experience.
- Successful completion of a laboratory assistant program.
- Basic knowledge of specimen requirements and handling.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Additional related education and/or experience.
Keywords: Sonora Quest, Sun City West , Clinical Lab Assistant - Technical Logistics, Other , Sun City West, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!